-
March 7th, 2005, 06:28 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I thought I would share my storage solution with everyone. I have a rather large collection and I really bothered me not having all the pieces together after paying all that money...I toyed with putting it on the computer but that seemed like a lot of work since I would still have to look for socks shoes and whatever else went with a particular outfit.....I tried to find something that would hold hat outfit shoes and whatever else that would have come with the outfit....I ripped out a closet in my spare room added three shelfs two with doubler bars for hanging....I got two gallon zip lock bags....about a hundred of them.....same in coathangers...the cheap ones work well....the two gallon bag will hold hat,shoes, dress and various small accessories..a hole cut in the top for a hanger you can hang this on the shelf.a card card can be inserted or a picture taped on the outside of the complete outfit.....all the bags are color coded from the side view...scotch tape and a piece of construction paper small piece just a strip...so when I look at a glance I can tell by the color code who the outfit belongs to....it took a while and I am not completely done yet but so far it is working great...all my seasonal stuff like Halloween can be color coded in orange and stored on a high rack....but I must tell you I have a lot of stuff and have decided to leave the doors off the closet for easy access...I also have a little step ladder....but now I know exactly where everything is at a glance...there is enough room at the bottom of the closet to store furniture and horses...I also left a 12" space on one side from the floor all the way to the top to store big accessories for whatever doll has that shelf...
I hope this makes sense...no more lost shoes or socks...or hats...
Mary
-
March 7th, 2005, 06:32 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Really neat Mary!!! take pics when you are done!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
-
March 7th, 2005, 06:36 PM
#3
Inactive Member
the nice part about this is it you can put anything in the bag and hang it doesnt have to hang on the hanger it can be neatly folded...
mary
-
March 8th, 2005, 12:16 AM
#4
MapleLeaf
Guest
Mary, what a great system! All organized and easy to find. I'd love to see pictures when you're done.
Nia [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
March 8th, 2005, 10:27 AM
#5
Inactive Member
if all goes well I should have pics this week, all is done except the color coding...all the girls have there own spot....now I can see if I have enough shoes or socks....when I dress all the dolls in Felicity or Pilgrim outfits I either never have enough socks or shoes, this way I can buy the extra shoes and socks to be stored on the sharing shelf.
mary
-
March 8th, 2005, 12:56 PM
#6
Inactive Member
WOW! Impressive idea! It's great you're able to get organized like that! Congrats! [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
March 8th, 2005, 01:47 PM
#7
Inactive Member
changing clothes on the dolls was a major accomplishment since I had to find the right shoes socks and hat, never knew if I needed shoes and who I could borrow them from....or if I had borrowed them and didnt put them back....this way all my extra shoes can be shared by all and the original will be with the original outfit.....of course they say storing in plastic is not good idea eventually it will damage the clothes but I figure by the time the damage is done I will be pushing up daisies...besides a lot of the AG clothes are wool and I already have a hole in Addy's school outfit...these items need to be stored properly
-
March 8th, 2005, 02:04 PM
#8
Inactive Member
as far as the storing in plastic not being good for the items, around here they get changed quite frequently, so for right now, I'm not worrying about it either.
Laurie
-
March 8th, 2005, 09:43 PM
#9
Inactive Member
Your organization system sounds great. A couple of months ago, we put our outfits in ziplock bags with all their pieces and put pictures of the outfits on the outside of the bags. I used Curt's website to get the pictures and printed out wallet size pictures using wide clear packing tape to laminate the pictures on the bags.
I like your idea of color coding the bags and hanging them up. Our bags just sit in a big tupperware type shallow bin that goes under the bed. I like having all the pieces in the bag. It works great. I hope you post some pictures when you are done.
-
March 8th, 2005, 10:38 PM
#10
Inactive Member
I have everything bagged just needs to be coded..at first I thought the picture on the front would do but you cant see that unless you are looking at the front of the bag....so a side view will tell you automatically which doll the outfit belongs to....I had no idea I had so much stuff till I started to sort it out and bag it...I bought forty extra hangers and used all of them. Pics are forthcoming...
mary
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks